Allen-Bradley PanelView Plus (2711P-T10C4D1) is a medium price human – machine interface. You should set it up with a static IP address. Then you can download application to it through FactoryTalk View’s ME transfer tool. Or you can copy exiting application from your Compact Flash card to the PanelView. This article shows steps on copying application from Compact Flash card to PanelView.
Copy Application to and From Compact Flash card
- Copy all run time files (.mer) and put them in the PCMCIA card and in the folder\Rockwell Software\RsViewME\Runtime(If they are not in this folder, PV+ does not see them)
- Insert the card into the card slot on the right hand side of the back panel.
- Access PanelView configuration screen. A new PanelView Plus should start up to its configuration screen as shown below. However, if it already has an application and does not go to configuration screen, then you should cycle power to the panelview. Watch lower left hand corner for a white square while it starts up. If you push the white square, it forces the panelview to go to configuration screen.
- Select File Management. Use up and down arrow keys to move the cursor to it then press enter key.
- Select Copy Files as shown in the picture below.
- Select Copy Applications
- Select Source by Press Source Button. It should be External Storage 1, the compact flash card inserted at the side of the screen.
- Select Destination. Normally it is the Internal Storage. Then hit Copy button. PanelView Plus copies the application from source to destination. Then Cancel out or Close out back to the configuration screen.
- Select Load Application to load it from Internal storage. The loaded application is shown at top of the screen in the Current Application. Then you just hit the Run Application to run it.
That is it. You should have a working PanelView Plus.
You can use the same steps to copy application from internal storage to external compact flash card for safe keeping.